Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Interior Priority 1 - Bathrooms



This weekend we found AND ORDERED the tile that we're using for the bathrooms!  1920's Pin wheel black & white upstairs & Cobalt Octagon & white downstairs (the blue was a big stretch for me...I was going black & white on both).  Now that it's on the way...I better get the bathrooms ready. 
It's a good thing, too...I was doing roaming projects randomly - this will give me focus (to some extent).
http://www.luxetile.com/


 Both bathrooms had a 'hole' in the wall where the sink would go.  Oddly enough, there's a reason for both holes - upstairs, the sink was in the closet (I know, right?) and there was a junky old 80's shower where the sink shoudl be - hence the hole.  Below are pictures of the before & after - used the vintage/original wall boards harvested from the old shower walls. 
Woo-hoo!  We have a functioning toilet AND sink in the house now. 
Now we jsut have to paint the walls, paint the trim & finish out the trim...then the tile can go down! 


The downstairs had a hole for two reasons...one...there used to be a door between the kitchen & the bathroom.  Which is odd - but I think it used to be a pantry rather than a bathroom (that would make sense, so we're going with that as the answer) and there was a ratty old sink-vanity.  I tore out the vanity, kept the cute little cabinets, repaired the wall (again, with vintage wall boards harvested from the shower) and in stalled a 2nd pedestal sink.  The next picture is of some of the spackling...DAP Dry Dex Dry-Time Indicator Spackling - http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=217
I'm officially endorsing this stuff!  It is GREAT.  Goes one easy - very idiot resistent!




Thanks for looking,
cm

No comments:

Post a Comment