Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bold (paint) Choices...The Entry Way

The entry way (affectionately known as the the 'foy-yea') is the 1st to get paint.
I did hard work on the bathrooms to get ready for tile & my reward was to get started on the entry way & stair wall color.  Below is our 1st coat of paint.  Again, I'm taking the chance to show you the inspiration room that I'm trying to achieve.  I think we're pretty close on color.  We've started looking for old picture frames & have tons of family photos.  it will be all 'Hogwarts Stairs' style with portraits from 1800s through today.
I've only painted up to the picture rail so far, but we made the dicision to take the color the the ceiling yesterday.  There's no light fixture in there yet - it'll be one that we pull from our Cottage on B Street.  And, yes, that is a Michelob Ultra in every single photo.

They are starting the kitchen walls & ceiling today.  Then the bathroom floor tile on Friday.  So by the weekend I'll have some KILLER progress to post.

There's also tons of exterior work done - I'll get that posted shortly.  Its all been wall board replacement/repair so far...but they brought in the most beautiful, milled trim work for the exterior yesterday - Mississippi Cyprus.  It goes up starting today & then the turret will be taken apart.  So excited!
cm


View of fireplace & into dining room ^& office

View up staircase



The Inspiration Room


No comments:

Post a Comment